Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fall Burlap Banner

Fall is by far my very favorite season of all time!!!  I'm lucky if I can wait until Sept 1st to pull out my fall decorations most years!  :)  This year was no exception!  After setting everything out, my mantle just looked so plain so I decided to make a banner.  I'm pretty addicted to banners on the fire place now and think I need to make one for every holiday & season! 

I still have a few yards of various colors of burlap and a roll of twine and I just went to Home Depot the other day and got some fall colored paints so I was all set!

 
I cut the burlap into 5" x 6" pieces and picked the Rustler font for the letters.
I thought 4 squares would look a little too plain so I decided to paint maple leaves on burlap for each end of the word.
 
 
I just love these sample bottles of paint that you can get at Home Depot for less than $3!!!  A bottle of this stuff actually lets me do several projects and I love not having huge cans of paint cluttering up our already cramped garage!
On my last trip to HD I had originally picked out 12 colors that I wanted to get samples for but wanted ot get some other things too so I decided to take it down to 6 so hubby wouldn't be as upset with me!  :) 
 
 
 
I love a more rustic look so I didn't want to sew the burlap so I used clothespins to attach the burlap to the twine and I love the way it turned out!!!
Here's our fall mantle:

No comments:

Post a Comment