Thursday, August 15, 2013

Our Back to School Command Center part 1

We're 3 weeks away from school starting and now that I'm going to have 2 kiddos in 2 different schools I've been trying to think of ways to keep us organized and on the ball.  I decided that we NEED a "command center" where the kids can leave their backpacks, lunch boxes, library books, etc., where I can post scripture for us to memorize together, some place for me to keep all the important school information and papers and keep track of what's going on at each school. 
 
We live in a small place so finding a spot for this area was starting to stress me out.  I then remembered that we have a space behind our garage door that I've been using to hold my extra grocery bags and a drawer thing for Scentsy pens, ziplock bags, business cards, etc.  I also had a Thirty-One Hang Up Wall Organizer on my garage door that I used for Scentsy stuff.  I cleared it all out, ordered some more Thirty-One stuff so it will all match.  I'll post more pictures as I get things put up and ready!


 
Awhile ago I painted chevron stripes on some beadboard we had left over from our hutch project.
I found this cute picture frame on clearance at Michael's and decided to paint it gray and pink to match the new Thirty-One stuff that will be coming.
 
 
At first I painted the edges pink but after deciding to do pink on the glass (the area I'm going to use for dry-erase board) it was too much pink so I painted it gray and painted the inside pink.
 
 
 
 
I nailed it up (didn't take a picture of it) and I HATE those coat hooks but since we're renting, I'm not even going to mess with taking them down because our landlord is pretty proud of them.  LOL!
 
Now the style of this command center isn't my normal style of things but I wanted it to be bright, colorful and cheerful for the kids.
 
I can't wait for my Thirty-One stuff to get here!!! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment