Saturday, June 22, 2013

Red, White & Blue

So I've admitted to being a total Pinterest addict and I'm determined to do as many of the projects that I pin as possible!  I don't have a whole lot of 4th of July decorations so while I was taking care of my sick little girl and surfing through my Pinterest boards today, I came across THIS super cute wreath tutorial.  I remembered that I still had quite a bit of red felt leftover from the Valentine heart-shaped wreaths I had made like 3 years ago.  (You can visit my old blog post HERE and see how those turned out.)

So I went to town cutting 6 sheets of red felt, 6 sheets of white felt and 4 sheets of blue felt into 2x2" squares.

I was really regretting the fact that I had sold my rotary cutter at my garage sale last year!  Must add one to my shopping list!  :)

Then I started pinning the squares to the wreath:


The nice things about projects like this is that it's not very messy and although it's time consuming, I can watch tv and visit with my hubby without having to be fully engaged in the project!

I found some cute glittery star stickers at Walmart and I usually use them to dress up my Scentsy customer's orders and I decided to hot glue some to the blue area on the wreath and added some shimmery pipe cleaners.  And here's the final product:


I'm really happy with how it turned out and it's on display on my mantle now!  :)
I'm really looking forward to the 4th of July week as we get to celebrate my precious daughter's 5th birthday and we've got family coming up to stay a few days with us too!  Life is good and God is even better!  <3




No comments:

Post a Comment