Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Scentsy burlap banner

 
I am having a Scentsy booth at the Coos County Fair in Oregon next week and I'm frantically getting things together and trying to figure out how I want to decorate my booth.  I found this super cute eyelet ruffled tablecloth (well, it's actually a bedspread but I'm using it for my table) at a flea market type store in town for $15 and fell in love!  It doesn't really go well with my black Scentsy tablecloth so I set out to make a burlap banner to hang from the front table.
 
I cut burlap into about 5" x 6" squares (they don't have to be perfect, that's the beauty of the project).
I then googled "star template" and printed it out and painted white stars onto each piece.
 
Next I printed out the word using the "MTF Jumpin' Jack" font which you can download for free HERE.
I cut out each letter and used it as a stencil.
 
 
I used a multi-purpose acrylic black paint (Martha Stewart) to paint on the letters.
 
 
When it was all dried I took some twine and thread it through each piece so I could hang it from my table.  I think it turned out awesome!  Can't wait to set my booth up!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment