Saturday, July 13, 2013

What has two thumbs and the world's best husband??? THIS GIRL!

Last night the kids & I went to church and hubby stayed home which is usual for us (someday it won't be *wink wink*).  I came home 2 hours later and hubby surprised me by working on a display stand for my Scentsy booth at the local county fair coming up this month.  The awesome thing is that I forgot that I had mentioned wanting him to build me this stand but he remembered and built one for me!  What an awesome guy he is!!!  He finished it this morning with the help of my stepson, Taylor!
 
 
It still blows me away that Taylor is now 16 and a head taller than both hubby & I!  Josh & I started dating when Taylor was just 2 years old so I've been in his life from almost the beginning!  Man, I feel old!  LOL!  We don't get to see Taylor very often so it was a HUGE blessing getting to spend the day with him and watch him work on a project with his dad!  I still pray that things will change and we'll get to see him more!  Nothing is impossible for the Lord! 
 
So, here's what the project looked like all put together:
 
Isn't it AWESOME?!?!  I am obsessed with birdhouses and cute birdie decorations/pictures so this is perfect for me!  I even have a little birdie family tattoo on my arm, that's how much I love them!
 
 
Because I am going to use this stand to display Scentsy plug-in warmers I wanted it to be a pretty neutral color so as not to take away from the plug-ins.  I painted the stand with about 3 coats of cream colored paint.
 
 
Then I painted the "door" and "window" frames a cranberry color, sanded it down and used my favorite antique glaze.
 
 
Isn't it super duper cute?!?!  I'm in love!  :)
 
 
I can't wait to use it for the fair!  I'm sure I'm going to get lots of comments on how fabulous it is!  :)  My hubby ROCKS!!
 
***Well, decided to paint a little birdie in the "window" just to give it a little more detail.  I love it.***
 
 Sorry for the poor picture quality, I used my cellphone and we don't have much lights on in the living room right now!  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment