Monday, July 29, 2013

My Scentsy booth display at the County Fair

I was so blessed to be able to have a Scentsy booth this year at our local county fair!!!
In previous years it's been a couple of ladies from a town about 3-4 hours north of my town and not even in our county and it seemed as though no one from our county was going to get a booth.  When I had called and asked if someone from our county could have a booth I was told that the other ladies had first dibs because they'd had the booth the year before.  Last year our Scentsy Convention was held the same week as the fair and I assume the ladies attended Convention instead of having a booth because there was no Scentsy booth to be found.  Finally...I had my chance!  :)  WOO HOO!
The ladies from the fair office called me in March and asked if I'd still be interested in having a Scentsy booth and HECK YES, I jumped all over that!  Hee hee!  I was so nervous about the whole thing just because I'd never done such a big event before and wasn't sure how much stock I'd need.  I also spent countless hours searching Pinterest and Google for display ideas.  Scentsy colors are usually purple & green with some black but that's not really my style.  I'm more of a shabby chic/rustic/country type girl so I decided to go with that.  I've shared a few of the projects that I worked on in previous posts so thought I'd share how everything turned out!
 
Since there was a booth right in front of me it was hard to get a straight-on shot of the booth but you get the idea.  :)
 
The metal display stand on the right, in the back is one I ordered online from a store that sells display stands for stores.  I can't remember where I got it exactly but it's come in handy for every event I've done!  I think I paid around $60 for the stand and 30 hooks.  The black shelves in the front I got at Home Depot for $24.

 
 
I loved this table!  My hubby built the wooden crates and the birdhouse and I painted them cream with antique glaze.  I made the burlap banner and the tablecloth was a great find at a flea market for only $15! 
 
 
 
See my handsome helper in the back?  Isn't he the cutest?!  :)
The black stand here is one that my Director's husband made and gave to anyone on the team that sold at least $2000 in one month.  YAY!  I love it!
My super fabulously talented friend, Heidi from Everyday Cookies made the chalkboard toolbox which was PERFECT for holding my catalogs!  Go check out her blog!  She makes the cutest wooden signs too!
One of my warmers was broken so my husband took out the electrical insides, covered the bottom and then I used it for a pen holder!
The tablecloth is the one I posted about earlier that I stained using tea bags.  I love how it matched everything so well!
 
 
My husband built me this little shelf and the wooden signs.  I used chalkboard paint on the signs and they ended up being perfect for my display!
 
 
 
It was a VERY long 5 days but totally worth the 13 hour days and very little sleep!
I got to see so many of my wonderful friends, made some new ones, sold almost all of my stock, got lots of new customers, a new possible recruit, lots of people wanting to have parties and Lord willing, I'll do it all again next year!  :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks great! what an awesome personalised display. It must have been so hard deciding on what stock to take long and how much to pre-order! I hope the following years went just as well.

    ReplyDelete